Not signed in (Sign In)

Social Bookmarks

LiveSearch

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjul
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2006 edited
    I have MS and take 2 hydrocodone per day. I am taking a preemployment screening MOnday. Will I be allowed to list that I have a valid RX for this and will I be punished and will this show up? Please advise.
  1.  permalink
    Since you have a valid prescription they can't punish you. Just make sure you can prove that you do have one though, otherwise your word definately won't be good enough. A doctor's note or a current prescription will be fine as evidence.
    • CommentAuthorjul
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2006
    Well, when i submitted my sample, they were just a collection site and they would not accept and forward my prescription documentation. He told me that if anything comes up positive the MRO would call me. THat is freaking me out now. Why wouldn't they just stick the documentation in the bag with the sample.
  2.  permalink
    That sounds right then, when the MRO calls you, you should have no problem explaining your situtation and proving that you have a valid prescription. I'm assuming they didn't take it because maybe the type of drug test they're doing doesn't include opiates. Either way, I can also understand it from their point of view: if they're just sending it to a lab, they have no use for a prescription, since it's not their job to look into that, hence the call from the MRO. They can't fault you for not doing anything wrong though, you'll be fine :)
    • CommentAuthorjul
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2006
    Thanks, you have eased my mind!!!!! I do appreciate it. I will check in and let you know what transpires. Have a good day!!!! Jul
  3.  permalink
    No problem! I know how uneasy and anxious a drug test can make you, even when you know you're in the right like in your case. Please reply back with your results though for sure, and let us know what happened with the MRO and how your ordeal transpired so others know in the future too.
    • CommentAuthorjul
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2006
    Well, as of Thursday 3:55 PM, I have heard no word from any MRO. I am thinking that maybe there wasn't enough in my system to meet the cutoff point. What do you think? I start the new job tomorrow morning. I will keep you posted, but I am hoping that this is the end of it.
    Thanks,
    jul
  4.  permalink
    Most people who pass a test, never hear from the lab, the employer, or wherever you gave your sample at, if you passed. So in this case, silence is a great thing. If you start your job tomorrow, then you certainly did pass. Most likely you either (a) didn't meet the cutoff point or (b) they weren't testing for opiates. Good luck with your new job, and congratulations :)